12 Sep Product Manager
Our client a leading publisher in the UK are looking for a Product Manager on a permanent basis to be based in their London offices.
We are looking for someone to take responsibility for and product manage the development of specific products and services at. You will hold the vision for your product while being flexible about how to achieve it.
Designing and managing digital products requires you to stay abreast of (emerging) technologies and combine that information with an understanding of the kinds of things that our customers or users want to do or are useful; from these combinations and through iterative development you will work with designers, software engineers, editorial teams et al. to build feasible, valuable, and delightful digital products and services. In practise, this will mean that you need to;
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of your product and the alignment of your product to the product roadmap
- Define and champion the vision for the product and how it fits into the rest of the company.
- Prioritise user and business requirements based on market analysis, user testing and analytics
- Ensure features are user centred and tested for efficacy
- Write and maintain product backlogs, release plans, and manage the development roadmap pre- and post-launch using Scrum or other agile product management techniques as appropriate
- Maintain high-level plans and provide regular updates on progress to management and other stakeholders
- Serve as the key spokesperson for the products being managed, clearly and convincingly communicating the aims of the products to customers and business alike
- Collaborate with colleagues within the companies journal publishing divisions, editorial, technology and production, and other departments to ensure initiatives represent business needs
- Collaborate with other product teams to ensure a coherent user experience across the company.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Solid understanding of website development best practices including interface design, information architecture and software development and deployment
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to balance intuition with data in making decisions
- Ability to summarise details for executive reporting, and exercise sound judgment about important business issues for reporting and escalation
- Ability to develop and refine a compelling product vision with attention to detail
- Willingness, flexibility, creativity, and energy in taking initiative and assuming responsibility
- Lead an agile software development team
- Experience working as a part of a team, balancing needs across stakeholders and in a complex business environment
- Experience with best-practice agile product management techniques
- Experience in the successful delivery of digital products in a commercial environment, working with technical teams to specify business requirements, and as part of an Agile development team
- Awareness of contemporary best practice on the web
Apply for this Now